EuDEco strived to work with experts in order to incorporate the expertise and knowledge of external professionals into the EuDEco model as well as into its other project outcomes (studies, reports, the recommendations and the establishment of the observatory). EuDEco project partners were continuously searching for experts and relevant stakeholders and invited them to the EuDEco User Expert Group (UEG) which was created at the very beginning of the project and where the members represented relevant EU funded and national projects and initiatives as well as the business sector.
All UEG members were encouraged to participate in five core workshops between June 2015 and fall 2017. Workshop participants were asked to share their views and expertise on topics related to the data economy, to discuss opportunities and challenges and to provide feedback on solutions and recommendations presented. The workshops differed in terms of focus and method. Emphasis was put on the discussion of aspects, including the legal possibility, social acceptability, economic viability and technological feasibility of use cases, business models and value networks.
In addition, two in-depth workshops were organised, which were relevant only for a strictly limited number of UEG members involved in data reuse pilots and activities. The two in-depth workshops accompanied the testing of specific results of the EuDEco project.
EuDEco sought the cooperation with:
Industrial players, who
- are active members of the European data economy,
- have gained experience in working with big data and reusing data in Europe,
- are willing to share their experience and knowledge gained,
- are open for participating in the testing or validation of the EuDEco project results.
European funded projects or national initiatives and pilots, which
- focus their activities on big data modelling,
- investigate legal, socioeconomic or technological aspects of big data or reuse of open and big data,
- own big data, are open for providing it for use cases, or
- include any other activities that work with or result large amount of data.